The Kitchen Staff positions including line cooks, prep cooks, and banquet cooks are for Southwick's Zoo, Galliford’s Restaurant & Tavern, and the Wild Events Department. This position would be primarily responsible for prepping and executing event catering menus in the Banquet Kitchen. They would also be responsible for the food preparation in the Galliford’s Restaurant & Tavern while always ensuring superior quality and consistency. This position reports to the Chef in the Restaurant, as well as the Director and VP of the Food & Beverage Department. Competitive pay based on experience, these positions are available now for the upcoming 2023 Southwick’s Zoo season.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations in the kitchens
- Follow the recipes in accordance with the business’s operating standards for various events scheduled.
- Maintain inventory control procedures and ensure that the kitchen is stocked with specific tools, supplies, and equipment to meet the operating and business demands.
- Able to execute multiple banquet functions.
- Able to help with cooking and food preparation
- Able to perform other duties as assigned by the management.
- Recommended 2- or 3-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a kitchen preferred
- Knowledge of current and updated culinary trends
- Open availability, nights and weekends necessary
- Willing to train the right candidates