LOOK NO FURTHER!!
LINE & BANQUET COOKS NEEDED AT NEW ENGLAND’S LARGEST ZOO
PAY RATE $18-25++/ HR WITH FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES
Galliford’s Restaurant & Tavern, a state of the art, full-service year-round restaurant located at Southwick’s Zoo in Mendon, MA is urgently hiring line & banquet cooks! We can work around your work life schedule...we will consider part time or full-time shifts, negotiate salary, or work as little as one shift a week to supplement another job! Benefits include:
* Free shift meal
* Free Zoo Passes- for yourself and family or friends!
* Medical/ Dental Insurance
* IRA/ Profit Sharing
* College Reimbursement
* Paid Vacation
* Reasonable Hours- We close by 10pm on weekends
* The best advancement opportunities in the industry!
Come work for a family business that can offer corporate benefits. Are you tired of the same dull routine, making the same menu over and over? At Southwick’s we offer a dynamic seasonal changing menu in exotic and unique venues. Cook a plated meal to be eaten in the treetops of a primate exhibit, produce a classic New England clam bake, or BBQ overlooking the exotic animals of the African Plains. Don’t wait, you won’t regret it.
Call today and start tomorrow!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Fast casual restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mendon, MA 01756: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One locationWe are looking for someone with a positive attitude and can accept direction as necessary. The perfect candidate would be detail-oriented, possess great knife skills, and take pride in their work. Previous experience cooking in a professional, high volume capacity is required, though we won't turn away exceptional beginners who are driven, dependable and willing to grow and learn.
This line cook/prep cook position may require working at the Zebra Café in the Zoo or in The Deli, located on the bottom level of Galliford's during the heart of the season.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING, OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED AS NEEDED)
1. Prepares & handles food in accordance with the Board of Health
2. Preps food according to the designated station's prep list
3. Prepares ALL menu items including desserts, pizza, dough and sauces in accordance with recipe guidelines and par levels
4. Executes all kitchen orders according to recipe specifications
5. Prepares all ingredients needed for designated station daily, following chef's prep and par lists
6. Complies with safety guidelines and minimum age requirements when handling kitchen equipment and utensils
7. Follow all portion and quality standards
8. Maintains and stocks designated station, freezers, refrigerators and storeroom with food products daily: follows proper rotation system and notifies chef to any discrepancies or shortages
9. Labels and dates all food products in storage and refrigeration areas appropriately
10. Ensures all products are stored or disposed of properly at the end of the night
11. Cleans food preparation equipment and work areas according to health and safety guidelines; cleans counter of tables
12. Adheres to all restaurant policies and procedures paying attention to health and/or safety requirements; communicates and concerns to management
13. Communicates with servers in a professional manner regarding customer service
14. Performs all closing duties of the kitchen daily as determined by the chef
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or customers or employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception to adjust focus.