Manager on Duty/Supervisor
This full-time position at Galliford’s Restaurant & Tavern is responsible for assisting in the supervision and for performing all functions related to the effective operation of the restaurant, Nights, Weekends and Holiday shifts are required. Prior experience in a high-volume restaurant preferred. Competitive pay based on experience.
- Accommodates and documents the needs of customers and communicates these needs to the staff.
- Books and oversees the preparation of large parties, banquets and special functions.
- Assists with inventory as required, order supplies as needed.
- Oversees and monitors portion control standards of food and beverages for the staff.
- Resolves customer and/or employee problems or complaints in a timely manner.
- Controls and counts all charge and cash purchases at the end of each meal period.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Orientates new employees and provides initial on-the-job training and oversees training functions of the staff.
- Assists in establishing and controlling the weekly work schedule for staff.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Health Department Food Safety Certificate; TIPs Certified, CPR Certification preferred
- Previous 3 years management experience preferred
- Must frequently lift and / or move up to 40 pounds.