Galliford's Restaurant & Tavern is looking for personable Bartenders who share our passion for food, drink and excellent customer service. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about creating the perfect experience for each guest that walks through our doors. We are looking for someone with a positive, professional attitude and can accept direction as necessary. The perfect candidate would be detail-oriented and take pride in their work. Previous experience tending bar and serving in a professional, high volume capacity is required, though we won't turn away exceptional beginners who are driven, dependable and willing to grow and learn.
This bartender position may require working outside during Sunset Serenade (in the summer) or work as a banquet bartender at The Pavilion or in The Daniels Room for a special event.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING, OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED AS NEEDED)
1. Greets and serves customers in a professional and timely manner
2. Prepares alcoholic, non-alcoholic and other beverages for customers and servers in accordance with standard recipes
3. Prepares all condiments to garnish drink orders
4. Take food orders and enters them into the computer
5. Applies knowledge of the full menu, understands and follows our allergen policies & procedures
6. Will be TIPs certified and follow ALL Massachusetts laws while serving alcohol. ID anyone who looks under the age of 40
7. Able to provide knowledge about Galliford's, The Daniels Room & Pavilion. Also, able to provide any information for the Zoo (i.e. what types of animals we have and where they are located, what types of food stands are in the zoo and where they are located)
8. always Maintains a clean bar - wiping the bar regularly, disposing of debris, empty bottles, dirty dishes and washing glasses behind the bar as needed.
9. Checks and maintains a stock of glassware, beverages, and bar supplies and communicates shortages to appropriate person
10. Assists with answering the telephone and taking messages to give proper personnel when time allows
11. Records currency transactions accurately on computer and tenders proper change
12. Processes charge transactions through charge transmittal machine and prints, reviews and submit a daily charge report to Manager
13. Completes all assigned opening and closing duties to prepare a bar for efficient operation. Follow weekly side work to maintain a clean and orderly bar
14. Communicates health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management
15. Communicates with ALL Food & Beverage staff in a professional manner regarding customer service
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EXPERIENCE:
MUST be TIPs Certified!! Must be 18 years of age to serve alcohol.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or customers or employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.